Tuesday, February 28, 2012

ouch






I'm watching Lincoln and Wyatt today, and Linc showed up with a big cut and bruise above his left eye. It made him look like a little toughie but he was actually quite concerned about it when he thought about it. At first he was proud to show it to me and then he wanted a bandaid and to lay on the couch and watch a movie.

That's all any of us really need when we're hurting. A little loving attention and distraction. Kids are brilliant at asking for what they need. I wish I was as smart as this little boy when it comes to my hurts. I wish I was better at letting people know when I need some loving attention and some company and distraction. Linc gets over his wounds really quickly because he knows how to ask for a bandaid and a cuddle.

7 comments:

  1. aw, sweet little guy. it really would be helpful, wouldn't it...if we could just lay it out there...what we need. i'm terrible at this. seems kids really are the best ones at showing us how to truly live life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it's true. and i forget sometimes how happy i am to give him what he needs. i wonder why i expect anything less giving from the people i love? hmmmmm...

      Delete
  2. Poor kid melts me. He was so concerned. I told him that he looks like a Hockey player now. That got him to smile:) I'm glad that he got to spend some time with you today. I think he needed some Grandma time:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he melts me too. and i should have thought about the hockey player angle.

      i'm really glad they got to come too. i love hanging out with them. hope you got some good rest honey.

      Delete
  3. Poor lil Linc, I am sorry he is hurt. How much we should learn from the heart of a child if only we had ears to hear and I am talking to myself!

    Now Terri, This boy needs to be blogging. He needs to have his very own blog site and giving you a run for your money. Never mind that he can't type.......minor technicality. Or can he type? Hey, kids learn fast these days......take me for example, my tongue has been typing since way before typewriters were even around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lincoln would be a really interesting blogger. he cracks me up. the other day i was in the basement with him and he was playing with some tools. there was a power drill he was fiddling with and i assumed it didn't work because dave was letting him play with it a while back. (silly me) anyway, i walked over and tried it and it was working! so i said "linc you can't play with this. it's very dangerous!" and i put it up out of his reach. i was kind of expecting a tantrum. but he just looked up at me with his big blue eyes and said, "ok gramma…it's time for you to go upstairs." ha!

      Delete
  4. Ha Ha. That is so funny! Terri, here is some of your dark humor coming out, and perhaps Linc may have a touch of that humor as well.

    ReplyDelete